[ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2015 Fantasy Keeper Thread

2015 Fantasy Keeper Thread

Posted: July 29, 2015, 10:44 AM Post
I've started this every year it appears...so here goes.

I'm in a 12 team PPR league, with 2 keepers. You can keep a player twice. The first year you keep him, you sacrifice the round you drafted him in (FA count as 10th round picks). The second year, that round gets cut in half (so a 10th becomes a 5th round pick). My team is pretty good - I won the league the last two years - so I have a lot of options. I'm drafting 12, it's a snake draft so I'll have two picks in a row. Based on my keeper projections, there's likely only 1, maybe 2 first round keepers. So I'm probably picking 11 and 12, maybe 10 and 11.

Jamaal Charles - Round 1
Demarco Murray - Round 2
Demaryius Thomas - Round 2
Zach Ertz - Round 9
Lamar Miller - Round 8
Joseph Randle - Round 10
Devonte Freeman - Round 10
Odell Beckham - Round 10

I'm certainly keeping Beckham in round 10 (tough call huh?), but I'm having some difficulty with the second keeper. The best player obviously would be Charles in the first round, which I'm not opposed to doing. But at the moment, I think I'm leaning towards Lamar Miller in the 8th round. He won't be as good as Charles, but I think Miller is in for a big year (he was 9th among RB last year). And I think having my first two picks (again, likely 11 and 12) could be a huge edge for me. There are a LOT of stud players going back into the draft this year. Based on my keeper projections, these are the top 14 players in the draft, and I'd be guaranteed 2 of them (I included throwing back my players here too):

Lacy, Peterson, Charles, Foster, Lynch, Forte, McCoy, Murray, Manning (I won't take him but qb's score a ton in this league), D Thomas, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Nelson, Gordon

I'd get two of those for certain, plus Beckham and Miller.

So if you're building a roster...would you rather start with Charles, Beckham, and one from that list.
Or Miller, Beckham, and two from that list.

I've done some mocks with keepers and the RB's usually fly, and I've had rosters that have had Beckham, Jones and Johnson on them - which could be a PPR monster. Then I've usually filled in with someone like Yeldon at rb and then a few fliers. Or I've taken Gordon or Murry along with a top WR. I hate throwing back an elite RB like Charles since there are so few of them, so I'm kinda torn here. Thoughts??

Edit: I'd also throw Randle in the same boat if he was the clear-cut #1 in Dallas, but that likely won't be established by our keeper deadline of 8/22.

Re: 2015 Fantasy Keeper Thread

Posted: October 20, 2015, 1:49 PM Post
Global Moderator
Don't keep Jamaal Charles in round 1!

Oh, wait... its probably a little to late now.

[ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply