[ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2013 Fantasy Advice

2013 Fantasy Advice

Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:05 PM Post
Not sure if anyone actually reads this forum any more, as there isn't a thread yet for this year...but I need some help so I'm giving it a whirl. Playing for the championship in a 12 man, $150 league. Need help on a starting QB. Here are my options, pretty standard scoring, only thing different is passing touchdowns are worth 6 points.

I currently have Phillip Rivers (vs Oakland) and Russell Wilson (vs Arizona) on my roster. I'm first in waivers and free agents are as follows:

Colin Kaepernick vs Atlanta
Jay Cutler @ Philly

I've already ruled out Wilson. But I'm thinking heavily about the other two, mainly Jay Cutler. Taking my Bears hatred out of the equation, they play at Philly (30th overall in pass defense) in what I expect to be a high scoring game.

Kaepernick also has a favorable matchup against Atlanta, who just gave up a ton of yards to Kirk Cousins.

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Rivers right now, but both of those free agents are pulling at me big time.

Re: 2013 Fantasy Advice

Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:25 PM Post
I want to say Cutler as well. For me it would be between him and Rivers, who has 9 TD's in his last 4 games. Cutler's got a good matchup, better receivers with the emergence of Jeffrey, and both those teams are fighting for their playoff lives. Could be a high scoring game.

Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:35 PM Post
I worry about two things in the Oakland/SD game...

1 - That the Chargers will continue to run the ball a ton, as they've really focused on that lately

2 - Oakland won't score much and that SD may not pass much in the second half

Posted: December 17, 2013, 4:58 PM Post
Responded in the other thread with this: I think the three between Rivers, Kaepernick, and Cutler would all be pretty solid options. Cutler has probably the best potential going up against that philly D though.

NFL Blitz has better referees.

Posted: December 17, 2013, 9:37 PM Post
I feel like you're ruling out Wilson too easily. I'm just shocked that you're in a 12-team league and you have Wilson/ Rivers and Kaepernick/Cutler are free agents. A good D against Wilson just means he might tuck it more than usual. I'd go Rivers first, but Wilson would be close behind.

Will you have this left guard to be the 224th pick?

~ReverendBrewmeister

Posted: December 17, 2013, 9:51 PM Post
I've actually had Rivers and Wilson the entire season. We have a relatively small bench (only 5 spots) so not everyone keeps a backup QB and Cutler got dropped when he was hurt and nobody picked him up. Kaepernick was just dropped last week. Guy dropped him (he also had Dalton) to pickup a RB as he had Peterson and Bush and wanted to make sure he started someone - he lost anyways. Normally guys like that get scooped up pretty fast, but only 6 teams are still playing for anything so some of the teams may have stopped adding players once their season ended as well.

I'm not so much worried about Wilson facing a tough defense. They just don't throw the ball enough. He may get rushing yards, but that's hard to predict. They seem to just run run run and with Palmer and Fitzgerald beat up, and the game being in Seattle, I tend to think Seattle blows them out, meaning lots of runs in the second half. Same fear I kind of have with Rivers as well...they may run a ton and the game may get out of hand.

Posted: December 18, 2013, 1:03 PM Post
Plus seattle has the #1 seed pretty much locked up. They have been resting him at the end of games recently. I think he didnt play the last 10 minutes of the Giants game last week. I can see that increasing this week with a comfortable lead.

NFL Blitz has better referees.

Posted: December 18, 2013, 8:50 PM Post
That's a very good point...one I hadn't considered.

Will you have this left guard to be the 224th pick?

~ReverendBrewmeister

[ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply