[ 18 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2012 Fantasy advice thread

2012 Fantasy advice thread

Posted: September 02, 2012, 12:03 AM Post
I get Rodgers, Bryant, and Shonn Greene

I give P. Manning, Lynch, and Megatron

Pretty stadard scoring. .5 per recption, -2 for int are only variations. It looks good to me, but Im pretty tired and I really want Rodgers.

Re: 2012 Fantasy advice thread

Posted: September 02, 2012, 8:13 PM Post
Very tough call. I think I would pass -- Megatron is far and away the best fantasy WR out there, and the dropoff from Lynch to Greene is notable, too.

I guess it would depend on your depth at WR and RB. Bryant is fine, but I don't particularly trust Greene. Manning could end up putting up similar fantasy numbers to Rodgers -- but that's a big maybe. He's a high risk, no doubt, so I couldn't blame you for taking this.

Posted: September 02, 2012, 8:14 PM Post
Pick 2 RB's for my opening week. Standard scoring, no PPR.

MJD, Rashad Jennings, Sproles, Ridley

Posted: September 02, 2012, 9:41 PM Post
I would avoid jones-drew in week one. Don't think he will be up to speed missing camp and will see very limited touches. It seems like New Orleans and New England both have decent week 1 match ups, so I'd roll with Sproles and Ridley unless some big news comes out about JAC this week.

Posted: September 04, 2012, 6:31 AM Post

LambeauLeap President
Board Administrator
I took a flyer on some of the injured but likely to play early in the season backs in my draft, but it's created a problem for me in week one. Any opinions on who to start would be appreciated:

WR/WR/WR/RB/RB and a WR/RB/TE slot.

I have Ray Rice, MJD, Peterson, Ryan Matthews, Trent Richardson, and Sproles at RB. I'm already starting Fitzgerald, AJ Green and and Roddy White at WR and Rice for sure at RB. I also have DeSean Jackson and Vernon Davis on my bench to consider for the flex spot.

Thoughts?

Posted: September 09, 2012, 8:19 AM Post
Trying to decide between two handcuffs.

Robert Turbin or Rashad Jennings? I feel pretty good about Jennings, and know MJD will be getting little time on the field. Turbin has a better matchup if he starts, but there's a chance we won't know about Lynch's status until the first games already start.

The only surefire starting option I have is Beanie Wells, who is listed as questionable but it sounds like there's no doubt he'll be starting. Problem is he has an even worse matchup against Seattle, so I think I would rather roll the dice with one of my handcuffs.

Thoughts?

I'm also going back and forth between Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. Right now I'm leaning towards Luck because I don't think the Bears secondary will give him much of a rookie challenge. I would be willing to listen if anyone can talk me the other way.

Edit: And I realize that when you look at those choices, you'll probably think my team sucks, and you would be correct. This is a multi-year contract league and I'm in serious rebuilding mode after taking last place last year.

Will you have this left guard to be the 224th pick?

~ReverendBrewmeister

Posted: September 13, 2012, 9:06 PM Post
Trade advice...

We are in a dynasty league. We keep all of our rosters, aside from players who retire or are not on rosters, then draft rookies and free agents.

I give: Donald Brown and Dez Bryant
I get: Brandon Lloyd and Steven Jackson

My gut is no. In a dynasty, Jackson is on the down side of his career, and Bryant should be rising. What do you think?

Posted: September 15, 2012, 8:09 AM Post
It's a bit of a win-now move. Donald Brown is useless...I picked up Vick Ballard cause I don't think Brown will even be starting by the end of the year. Lloyd could have a few really good years yet, but Bryant could have A LOT of really good years left. Steven Jackson is still the #1 guy for the awhile. I would call it a draw, and base it almost entirely on where your team is at. Are you competing this year? Then take it. If you need a year or two to rebuild, hold on to Bryant.

~ReverendBrewmeister

Posted: October 04, 2012, 5:59 AM Post

LambeauLeap President
Board Administrator
Fitzgerald vs. the Rams, or Welker vs the Broncos this week?

Posted: October 04, 2012, 3:15 PM Post
Pretty much a toss up all things considered, so I would go with the better player.

NFL Blitz has better referees.

Posted: October 04, 2012, 5:37 PM Post

LambeauLeap President
Board Administrator
Yeah, I've been struggling with that one a lot. Think I'm going with Fitz, but this will be the week where Welker catches a bunch of TD's to make up for having none in the first 4.

Posted: October 23, 2012, 7:45 PM Post
Ok...

I give:
Brady or RGIII
Jason Witten

I get:
Gronk
Dalton or Freeman

Posted: October 23, 2012, 8:19 PM Post
Wait, you have Brady AND RGIII?

Unless you're in a two-QB league, take it and don't even hesitate. I would take Dalton over Freeman if you have a choice.

~ReverendBrewmeister

Posted: October 23, 2012, 8:47 PM Post
I should clarify...I would be the one proposing the trade. My other options would be to ask for either Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall because I could use one more WR. So, if someone offered to give you RGIII and Witten for Dalton and Gronk, would you take it?

Posted: October 23, 2012, 8:51 PM Post
If I need a QB, maybe. If I'm not desperate for a QB...not a chance.

~ReverendBrewmeister

Posted: November 17, 2012, 9:30 PM Post
Pick 3

Brandon Marshall v. SF
Malcom Floyd v. Den
Denarius Moore v. NO
Reggie Wayne v. NE

~ReverendBrewmeister

Posted: November 18, 2012, 4:26 AM Post
Marshall, Moore and Wayne. Really don't like Marshall's match up, but he's a must start. NO and NE defenses are both terrible.

Posted: November 22, 2012, 7:53 AM Post
I know this isn't the vent thread, but here goes anyway. I'm leading my league in points by a fair margin, with an 8-3 record. My three losses are by 6, 1 and 1 points... If I don't win this week ill finish second to a dude that has far less points. The randomness if this game is enough to drive Nate Silver over the fiscal cliff.

[ 18 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply