[ 18 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011 Results and Vents

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 12, 2011, 3:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
Well, had an exciting beginning to the season. 

I came into tonight's game trailing 226-171.

I had Cam Newton and Steve Smith on my bench (combined 122 points) [ouch.]

Wes Welker proceeded to get 54 points tonight thanks to that 99-yard TD.

I lost by one stinking point.

still was great fun hoping for NE to go for it late in the game, etc.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 13, 2011, 11:47 AM Post
I needed about 3 points from Knowshon Moreno in the Broncos game last night. When I went to bed, he had -1.6 points. I woke up this morning and he scored 3.70 points, giving me a victory by 0.96 points. I'll take that.

If you take out Brees and my backup QB, my starters were woefully outscored by my bench, 68.3 (4 guys) to 42.8 (7 guys). On my bench were: Steve Smith, Robert Meachem, Ryan Mathews, Hines Ward.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 15, 2011, 10:38 AM Post
I'm in 3 leagues. I went up against Tom Brady, Drew Brees in the leagues with my strongest teams. Needless to say, I lost both despite having very solid weeks overall.

In one of those leagues, I had Matthew Stafford (in favor of Roethlisberger) and Kenny Britt on the bench. If I would have played either, I would have won.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 18, 2011, 12:26 PM Post
For the 4th straight season, my first or second round pick in my main league is out for the year before week 4. Was nice knowing ya, Mr. Charles. 

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 18, 2011, 12:44 PM Post
Denarius Moore sat comfortably on my bench while Malcom Floyd left the game after two long catches.

Will you have this left guard to be the 224th pick?

~ReverendBrewmeister

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 21, 2011, 9:37 AM Post
Really glad I drafted Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 21, 2011, 12:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
oooh, that stings big time. Sorry about your losses (probably in the standings column as well.)

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 24, 2011, 4:08 AM Post
I picked last in my league at work (10 team league), so I had the 10th and 11th picks.  I had Jamaal Charles as my 3rd highest rated player. He was available, but for some unknown reason I passed over him and drafted Roddy White and Drew Brees instead.  I completely missed the fact that he was still on the board.  He made it to pick 13, and I was sick to my stomach as I looked at my big board and wondered, "How did I just let that happen?"  I probably would have drafted White and Charles, and wound up with Freeman or Roethlisberger at QB, and would probably be 0-2 instead of riding Brees to a 2-0 start.

Guess someone was just looking out for me. Image

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 25, 2011, 2:58 PM Post
Neither me or my opponent have anyone for Monday, so we finished tonight, and it was insane. I had Pitt's D, and it looked like I was going to lose til they got the late defensive touchdown.

After Indy's last scoring drive, I was up by 1.95 points, and the Colts had 241 yards, and if they would have gotten to 250, that would have deducted 2 more points from Pitt's D. I was literally screaming at the TV when they called the timeout with 8 seconds left instead of 3-4. I thought for sure that Painter was going to get some cheapie 15-20 yard completion against a Prevent D to get the 9 yards needed to beat me.

Somehow I am 3-0 while not doing all that well. I am still desperately scrambling for RB help after losing Charles for the year, not easy in a 16 man league. Daniel Thomas has been a nice surprise.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 25, 2011, 3:11 PM Post
My season is turning into a train wreck. Lost Manning before the season started, but luckily swung a trade for Freeman. So this was my team this week...

QB - Freeman
RB - Blount
WR/RB - Nicks
WR - B. Lloyd
WR/TE - Burleson
TE - V. Davis
Lions D
K - Gould

Not a good team by any stretch, but they also should be this historically bad, especially considering it's a 12 team league with 20-man rosters. I'm now 0-3 and entering the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

~ReverendBrewmeister

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:32 AM Post
Anyone who drafted DeAngelo Williams got duped. Make that guy me.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:28 PM Post
Anyone who drafted DeAngelo Williams got duped. Make that guy me.

Actually the Panthers were the ones that got duped.  I can understand signing Williams to the contract they did if Jonathan Stewart isn't there, but Stewart is there, and has been held back.  I have Stewart in both my leagues, and I guarantee he'll be a stud if Williams is out of the picture.  He's always been very good when given the load.  It could have been done already and a lot of money saved for the Panthers.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: October 09, 2011, 5:38 AM Post
Pierre Garçon hanging on my bench with 43 points. Nate Washington with 1 in my starting lineup. Up 42-9 and projected to win, but come on!! I have been so frustrated by Garçon and his doing nothing so far this year.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: November 11, 2011, 7:50 AM Post
I put in Denarius Moore before the game started last night. 5 catches, 123 yards and 2 TDs. Championship!

Well, hopefully this will get me to 3-7, but still, pretty happy about it Image

~ReverendBrewmeister

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: November 23, 2011, 3:16 AM Post
Im in a 20 team league that splits into two 10-team divisions. We hold two drafts, so its interesting when you play the "crossover games" you can actually play against guys that are also on your own roster.

Well, I'm here to praise myself for locking up my division! With one game to play in the regular season, I have a 2-game lead. Given that I drafted Vick, Blount, Moreno and Antinio Gates...one could conclude that luck has been on my side!

I did get a nugget with Fred Jackson and Steve Smith a bit deeper in the draft, and I'll give Thankgiving grace to Billy Cundiff, he has been clutch for me most of the season.

Come the playoffs, I'm sure to be rolled out quicky, but until then, I'll take my fantasy moment in the sun.

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: November 29, 2011, 7:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm in a 12 team non ppr league. 3 keepers. My keepers were Vick in the 5th round, Mendenhall in the 7th round, and Chris Johnson in the 12th round.

QB Vick
WR Megatron
WR Stevie Johnson
RB CJ
RB Mendenhall
RB Gore
TE Witten
K Seabass
DEF - Matchup

I am 6-6 and could easily miss the playoffs. How the hell did this happen?

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: December 12, 2011, 1:36 PM Post
Has anyone ever seen this many negative points?  Look at my opponents D

2011 Results and Vents

Posted: December 26, 2011, 7:45 AM Post
Well this year was a disappointment. I lost out on making the championship game by 2 points( I'm blaming Crosby for only getting me 2 points) and it looks like Peterson probably wont be my keeper now for next year. At least I came in 3rd place and got my $100 back.

[ 18 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply