[ 7 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

UW Spring Football

UW Spring Football

Posted: March 13, 2008, 7:12 AM Post
Kim Royston is transferring. Not good IMO, because of all the other injuries and question marks in the defensive backfield.

Also, Mike Newkirk is going to have surgery. I like this because it will take care of the problem now, instead of later. But as of right now, the Badgers can barely field a defense that includes defensive tackles. Dan Moore was supposed to play there right away, but he's being used at DE.

The defense as of right now is really depending on Newkirk, Jason Chapman, Aaron Henry, and I hate to say it, Allen Langford to come back from their injuries.

I'm a tad worried.

UW Spring Football

Posted: April 01, 2008, 2:20 PM Post
I read the jsonline blog today (4/1/8) about that Thorson kid. Boy, that sucks that he hurt one of the d-linemen that was supposed to be a big contributer this year. Here's my question for the throbbing brain out there: Why does a reputable (subjective opinion) news outlet like the Journal- Sentinel let people write the way they do in the talkback section below the original story. it seems to me that some of the posters are extremely belligerent, and very obnoxious. If there is civilized discussion after a story, that's one thing, but some of the posts there are just plain out of line, and I wonder why it is let go. Any ideas?

UW Spring Football

Posted: April 01, 2008, 3:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
I really don't know. I avoid looking at that. There is so much said there that we don't tolerate here. Makes me realize what a great thing we have here.

UW Spring Football

Posted: April 02, 2008, 1:52 PM Post
The JS probably just doesn't want to allocate the time or monetary resources necessary to moderate the postings.

UW Spring Football

Posted: April 18, 2008, 8:56 AM Post
And now it appears there's a chance Matt Shaughnessy is going to miss next year with a serious leg injury. What in the hell is going on with this team and all the injuries on the defensive line.

Next year is going to be one of those bad years I have a feeling. You can't compete if you don't have any defensive linemen or defensive backs.

The whole situation is just getting weird.

UW Spring Football

Posted: April 21, 2008, 12:53 PM Post
Hi guys! Sorry I've been away so long. At any rate, it's reasonable, from the latest news, to expect that Newkirk and Chapman will be OK by August and that Shagnasty's injury wasn't as bad as it could have been. If one is hopeful, then all of Chapman, Newk, Shag, Langford and maybe even Henry will be OK by August, and in the meanwhile the kids got good reps. Guys like Stehle and Nzegwu and Valai got valuable time - last I heard, Pleasant was a White player, and if last year's starter at safety is a White player, aren't we much deeper there?
Honestly, I'm more worried about QB and WR than I am about the D - they can't be all that much worse, Badger-wise, than we were last year.

UW Spring Football

Posted: May 20, 2008, 4:18 PM Post
narbo said:
I read the jsonline blog today (4/1/8) about that Thorson kid. Boy, that sucks that he hurt one of the d-linemen that was supposed to be a big contributer this year. Here's my question for the throbbing brain out there: Why does a reputable (subjective opinion) news outlet like the Journal- Sentinel let people write the way they do in the talkback section below the original story. it seems to me that some of the posters are extremely belligerent, and very obnoxious. If there is civilized discussion after a story, that's one thing, but some of the posts there are just plain out of line, and I wonder why it is let go. Any ideas?

The more time people spend on a web page, the more time they spend looking at the banner ads and the advertising links, and thus the more advertising revenue they take in. Same with Fox Sports stories, and the garbage in the fan talk is even worse there. But if it keeps people on their pages it means all the more ad revenue.

[ 7 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply