Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Outback Bowl

Outback Bowl

Posted: January 03, 2008, 6:13 AM Post
I thought the call to go for it was the correct one. They had been running the ball down Tennessee's throat the whole 2nd half. 1-2 yards should not have been the problem. I would have either given the ball to Hill, or done a naked bootleg with Donovan.

I agree that Hubbard didn't make a great effort on the last Int. My question is, why even throw deep. The Badgers were having a field day with the underneath routes, and there was still plenty of time. They didn't need to go for the homerun there. Just like the end of the Philadelphia/New England game earlier this year. Philly was moving the ball at will, then threw it deep for a game-ending interception.

Outback Bowl

Posted: January 03, 2008, 8:20 AM Post
Global Moderator
olliegjw said:
I agree that Hubbard didn't make a great effort on the last Int. My question is, why even throw deep. The Badgers were having a field day with the underneath routes, and there was still plenty of time. They didn't need to go for the homerun there. Just like the end of the Philadelphia/New England game earlier this year. Philly was moving the ball at will, then threw it deep for a game-ending interception.

I'd have to look at the play again, but I swear I remembered seeing another WR (Jefferson?) looking like he was somewhat open running a crossing route in the opposite direction as Hubbard. He might not have been open for very long, but he was definitely more open than Hubbard was and it would've been a safer throw, in my opinion.

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply