Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 63 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Penn State: Joe Paterno Passes Away

Posted: November 14, 2011, 4:51 PM Post
that was one uneasy interview to listen to...Even the things he admitted to doing are flat out disturbing 

Posted: November 15, 2011, 4:08 AM Post
Global Moderator
I only saw a little clip of it, but it looked like Costas was trying REALLY hard to remain a professional journalist and not show horror on his face.

Posted: November 15, 2011, 4:42 AM Post

GIF Master
Hey everyone, let's not forget...they fired Joe Paterno OVER THE PHONE!

Posted: November 15, 2011, 8:07 AM Post
jason21nl said:
that was one uneasy interview to listen to...Even the things he admitted to doing are flat out disturbing 
Yeah....even if somehow the sexual abuse is not true, he's guilty of being a moron. What ADULT showers with boys? What ADULT is snapping towels with boys? Grabbing their leg, but not in a sexual way? No, no way.

Posted: November 15, 2011, 8:48 AM Post
I heard some attorney on the radio this morning talking about that interview, she specialized in child molestation cases and said the stuff Sandusky admitted to was enough to convict him. She said she couldn't believe his attorney let him on TV like that and then Sandusky talking about showering with kids and touching them like that was like slamming the case shut. It's as if he doesn't get there is no gray area with cases like this, he thinks he's helping himself but just condemning himself more and more.

The best part was the host adding in that well Sandusky's attorney got a 17 year old pregnant when he was in his 40's as explanation for the attorney allowing Sandusky on the air. Priceless.

Posted: November 17, 2011, 5:12 AM Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/...sex-abuse-scandal-111711

Posted: November 17, 2011, 4:44 PM Post

LambeauLeap Jedi
Global Moderator
What ADULT showers with boys? What ADULT is snapping towels with boys?

An adult who's only willing to admit what he thinks will make his story sound semi-plausible (um, no) & still allow him to get away with sexual abuse & rape. On the other hand, it could be that he's afraid to come clean & call out for help, so he admits to like 75% of the accusations in an effort to cleanse his conscience. Or some demented mix of those two factors, & probably many more.

TL;DR -- this case is just messed up, & Sandusky's actions sicken me

"Thank you, Senator... a thoughtful and lucid answer. YOU WILL BE DESTROYED!" -- Moderator Morbo

Posted: November 17, 2011, 5:08 PM Post
MJLiverock said:
The best part was the host adding in that well Sandusky's attorney got a 17 year old pregnant when he was in his 40's as explanation for the attorney allowing Sandusky on the air. Priceless.
Yeah no kidding. It's like they met at a NAMBLA convention or something.

Posted: November 18, 2011, 9:38 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Global Moderator
Just when you thought the twists and turns had subsided: Paterno has (treatable) lung cancer

I'm not happy with my knee-jerk reaction (along the lines of, "really?  are you announcing this now to get sympathy?"), but I understand why I thought it.

Posted: January 21, 2012, 2:08 PM Post
Apparently, reports are that Joe Paterno has died. If true, it's really sad. I hope the reports aren't true.

Posted: January 21, 2012, 5:11 PM Post
As of right now it is just "serious" condition. But he did supposedly ask friends/family to come to the hospital.

Posted: January 22, 2012, 3:37 AM Post
Now its being reported as true.  RIP Joe Pa. 

Posted: January 22, 2012, 3:40 AM Post
I bet he knew more about the Sandusky situation, but he always thought he would die before it all came out.  

Posted: January 22, 2012, 3:48 AM Post
jason21nl said:
I bet he knew more about the Sandusky situation, but he always thought he would die before it all came out.  
I think towards the end he was more of a figurehead than a person with actual authority.  I didn't think he would last very long after being fired but I had no idea it would be this quick. 

Posted: January 23, 2012, 9:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
He got the big "C" diagnosis after he was fired, didn't he? The news reported it that way, anyway...

Posted: January 23, 2012, 2:39 PM Post
craigharmann said:
Apparently, reports are that Joe Paterno has died. If true, it's really sad. I hope the reports aren't true.

Not to sound too insensitive, but it's really not.  The man lived to be 85 and had, for the most part, a great life.  Can't ask for much more.

Re: Penn State: Joe Paterno Passes Away

Posted: July 23, 2012, 11:40 AM Post
Anyone really surprised at the punishment given to Penn State? I've read a few things about how it was over the top, but to me, this strikes of "lack of institutional control" to the utmost extreme. Putting the program, the name, and everything else ahead of innocent victims? The biggest surprise is the vacating of the wins since '98, giving the most wins back to Bobby Bowden and Eddie Robinson, respectively.

Posted: July 23, 2012, 12:52 PM Post
I don't have a problem with the punishments. It will be very interesting to see how many of the current players will jump ship now knowing that they will never play in a bowl game if they stay at Penn St.

Posted: July 24, 2012, 11:41 AM Post

LambeauLeap President
Board Administrator
Lots of disgruntled responses from Pennsylvania, but even most of them realize that there's no argument to be made there. Shut up, take the punishment, and be grateful they didn't shut the program down for a couple of years.

Posted: July 24, 2012, 11:49 AM Post
Between the football tear-downs at Penn State and Ohio State, it's looking like a particularly good few years to be a Badger fan.

I dislike the notion of vacating 14 seasons of wins based on something that played no role in the winning of football games, but I realize that I'm probably still in the minority on this board when it comes to that discussion.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 63 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply