Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 117 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Any interest in a LL.net Mock Draft?

Re: Any interest in a LL.net Mock Draft?

Posted: April 28, 2014, 7:23 AM Post
This scenario is too good to be true for the Ravens. While Kubiak loves two TE sets and would love to get Ebron to replace Daniels in a year to pair with Pitta, the need for another WR trumps that and select a player that shouldn't have gotten out of the top ten. With the 17th pick, the Baltimore Ravens select Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M. Flacco was at his best with a big imposing receiver at his disposal (Boldin), and Evans has the size to duplicate those results at 6'5", 225 lbs.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 7:51 AM Post
Yeah, Evans really slid. He made it through the Bucs, Vikes, Bills, and Lions due to the QB's falling out of the top five, and there are a bunch of teams looking defense from 11 to 16. Ravens or Jets would have to be thrilled if he lasted to the late teens IRL.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:18 AM Post
The New York Jets, always desperate to upgrade an anemic offense, select Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina. Rex Ryan, moderately disappointed that they didn't address the defense in the 1st yet again, consoles himself with pictures of his wife's feet.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:20 AM Post
The Dolphins are an absolute mess on the o-line, and feel good about seeing Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame still on the board. Consideration was given to Xavier Su'a-Filo, and every other still breathing OL prospect still on the board.

The Arizona Cardinals are now on the clock.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 11:08 AM Post
The Safties are both off the board that the Cardinals would have taken; they might consider Ward from NIU, but I think it's too early for him. While I'm tempted to take someone like Shazier to give the front 7 a speed boost, there are too many WRs with first round grades to bypass that position.

Cardinals select: Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU

That puts the Packers on the clock. My pick would be Shazier; with Peppers and CM3 rushing on most downs, they need an inside backer that can cover better than Hawk and Jones. Mosley's injuries scare me away from him; we have too many injury concerns at the position to begin with. Shazier is a guy who contributes immediately in nickel and dime formations, and eventually should grow into a 3-down linebacker.
He's also fast enough to stop a QB whose broken the pocket from breaking off a 20+ yard run.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 11:36 AM Post
Shazier is an exciting player, but when I watch his highlights I notice two things. One, he's built like safety at 230 lbs (i know he bulked up to 235 for the combine). Two, he plays great in space but didn't see one highlight where he shed a block. NFL offensive lineman are quicker and will have 70lbs on him. Will he make plays, or will he get swallowed up and disappear? Or get dragged five to ten yards downfield (like Hawk) everytime he tries to make a tackle? But then again I assumed that Mosley was a bigger guy since the highlights I saw showed him shedding blocks and blowing up running backs but he's listed at 232 lbs (both players are 6'2"). Mosley has the advantage in that he played against superior talent in the SEC, but maybe Shazier has the edge with his speed/coverage skills and a clean bill of health.

Louis Nix is another option out there as a potential replacement for BJ Raji. As of now, the only nose tackle on the 2015 roster is maybe Josh Boyd.

Hell, they could go anywhere with this pick (DL, ILB, Safety, WR, TE). I even saw two mocks (Walter Football & USA Today) that projected them as taking Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles, respectively.

I'll go Nix, Shazier, and Mosley.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 12:54 PM Post
There are a ton of directions the Packers could go here. Might as well trade down if we can.

I've posted extensively around here that I love WILB Ryan Shazier, and think he's the top ILB in the draft. He's not necessarily a line-him-up-anywhere talent, due to being on the smaller side, but smaller linebackers have had plenty of success in top NFL defenses recently, like Navarro Bowman. He's a playmaker and always around the ball - he was 2nd in the NCAA in solo tackles, 3rd in total tackles, t2nd in tackles for loss, and had 7 sacks, 4 passes defensed, and 4 forced fumbles last season.

That said, TT loves taking DL or OLB's in the first, and I think DE Kony Ealy would be worth a look here too. He could slot into the Elephant positional group, or gain 10 pounds and play 5-technique. He compares to Datone Jones. DE Ra'Shede Hageman would plug into the 5-technique spot as well. OLB Dee Ford is considered another pass-rusher that occasionally dropped into coverage in college, and OLB Demarcus Lawrence has also quietly been creeping into the first round, but I don't know enough about him to endorse. This group of front seven players seems underwhelming, unless TT's scouting staff knows something I don't.

LB C.J. Mosley is a second Hawk, IMO, with possible injury issues. LB Kyle Van Noy is instinctual, but slow. I also think NT Louis Nix is Raji 2.0, without the potential for those two good years Raji has. If he's just a space eater, why burn a 1st rounder on him?

I also don't think FS Jimmy Ward gives enough value here. I'm starting to think even Clinton-Dix would be an overdraft at 21 if he was on the board. Even though Calvin Pryor's strengths don't line up with what we need, if we want BPA and upside, he might be the better safety target if available. Otherwise, let's just throw two picks at the position later in the draft.

My votes is for Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State for the speed and playmaking ability, and I'll say my #2 right now is Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri for the upside.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 12:58 PM Post
Even though we have two first-choice votes and one second-choice vote for Shazier already, I want to hear a lot of opinions about this pick. So keep 'em coming.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 3:00 PM Post
I want Shazier

Will you have this left guard to be the 224th pick?

~ReverendBrewmeister

Posted: April 28, 2014, 4:36 PM Post
I think Shazier would be a good fit, probably more so than Mosely, so he'd be my choice too.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 5:19 PM Post
Shazier it is. Iggles are on the clock.

Posted: April 28, 2014, 11:39 PM Post
I am fine with that, only thing I would complain about is that he went to Ohio St., but its a little late to change that(the school choice) now.

As for the Iggles, they no longer have DeDean Jackson. Chip Kelly loves him some offense. I'm thinking WR will be the target. The only decision is which one. I think Beckham is the one they would really want, but hes already gone. Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State is their choice.

NFL Blitz has better referees.

Posted: April 29, 2014, 11:20 AM Post
KC is pissed that so many WRs were just picked before them. Lee might be a slight reach at this spot. And the draft is full of WRs. So they play it safe and select a DT in Louis Nix out of Notre Dame.

Posted: April 29, 2014, 2:08 PM Post
The Bengals think about going with Kony Ealy, but think they can get some pass rush help later in the draft. CB is a premium position, and have an aging Terrance Newman and Adam Jones (not to mention Leon Hall coming off of another injury). Given this set of circumstances, the Bengals draft Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech.

Posted: April 29, 2014, 3:36 PM Post
Chargers need CB help as well and select Jason Verrett of TCU.

Posted: April 29, 2014, 6:04 PM Post
This draft is shaping up swimmingly for the Browns. Having already added Sammy Watkins, the Browns use the pick they acquired from the Colts for the underwhelming Trent Richardson and select Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State.

Posted: April 30, 2014, 9:04 AM Post
The Saints select Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio St.

Roby's had some off the field issues, and didn't have a great senior season, but some people will look past that due to his measurables and upside. He's probably the last CB that has a potential first round grade, and the Saints have been looking to upgrade their secondary all offseason, so they take him here.

Posted: April 30, 2014, 9:06 AM Post
The Panthers select Marqise Lee, WR, USC.

Carolina is ridiculously thin at WR, and Lee seems like a Greg Jennings/Steve Smith type of receiver that will plug straight into that role already written into the offense.

Posted: April 30, 2014, 9:39 AM Post
Looking to fill the void created by Aaron Hernandez's incarceration and Rob Gronkowski's durability issues, the Patriots select Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech .

Posted: April 30, 2014, 12:43 PM Post
49ers pick could end up dictated by the Aldon Smith situation. While I'd like to look at the available WRs here, their defense is too important to that team concept; they need bookends on the edges to keep pressure.

San Francisco selects Kony Ealy, DE/OLB, Missouri

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 117 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply