Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 116 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The 2012 NFL Draft Thread- Day 3: 4a. Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa, 4b. Jerron McMillian, S, Maine, 5. Terrell Manning, LB, NC State, 7a. Andrew Datko, OT, FSU 7b. BJ Coleman, QB, Chattanooga

Re: The 2012 NFL Draft Thread- 2nd Round:Jerel Worthy, DT, MSU, 2B: Casey Hayward, DB, Vanderbilt

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:22 PM Post

LambeauLeap President
Board Administrator
Yeah, I'm kind of stunned by that trade.

Re: The 2012 NFL Draft Thread- 2nd Round:Jerel Worthy, DT, MSU, 2B: Casey Hayward, DB, Vanderbilt

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:22 PM Post
Scouting reports on Hayward are all really flattering. I've read three, they all try to come up with a reason he's not higher ranked, and seem to struggle to find one. Intelligent and sees the big picture, good in run support, playmaker and ballhawk, etc. He's a guy with average or slightly above measurables, but the game tape says he is a football player all the way through. Reads as a classic TT pick, IMO.

EDIT: Interesting factoid: Hayward benched 19 reps of 225. Peter Konz benched 18.

Last edited by sbrylski on April 27, 2012, 7:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:24 PM Post
Point Beer Is Best said:
I can't believe they only had to trade a third and a fifth to get back into the second round. As Bedard pointed out, the Patriots gave up 284 draft value points and only received 166 in return.

The Patriots were down to just one pick left in the draft, the second rounder. Seems like they were dead set on turning it into more picks, and TT's offer was simply the best one. Excellent!

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:26 PM Post
Looks like they also were able to start the run on DBs as well.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:31 PM Post
Early comments from Capers make it sound like we'll be seeing Woodson at safety this year. Hopefully House and Hayward will be up for the task.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:34 PM Post
Jags reach for a punter early in the third. What an amazing front office.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:37 PM Post
But does he punt with his left foot?

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:38 PM Post

GIF Master
Teatoe993 said:
Jags reach for a punter early in the third. What an amazing front office.

I thought Mike Sherman was with another Florida team.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:43 PM Post
Heated argument about Russell Wilson going on between Kiper and Gruden.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:48 PM Post
Who was taking which side of the argument?

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:52 PM Post
Kiper says he's too short to be successful, Gruden was really enthusiastic about him being a stud.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 7:53 PM Post
Russell Wilson off to SEA. Competition with Flynn? Or learning from a pro how to be a backup?

Posted: April 27, 2012, 8:56 PM Post
sbrylski said:
Scouting reports on Hayward are all really flattering. I've read three, they all try to come up with a reason he's not higher ranked, and seem to struggle to find one. Intelligent and sees the big picture, good in run support, playmaker and ballhawk, etc. He's a guy with average or slightly above measurables, but the game tape says he is a football player all the way through. Reads as a classic TT pick, IMO.

I think it was LouisEly in chat that mentioned one scouting report saying he "drops too many interceptions." He had 13 picks the last two seasons in the SEC...if that means he drops too many, he must have insane ball skills.

Posted: April 27, 2012, 9:19 PM Post

LambeauLeap President
Board Administrator
Very excited for Wilson to go to Seattle. Lots of reasons to pay some attention to the Seahawks this year.

Posted: April 28, 2012, 8:03 AM Post
Not sure about you guys, but this is the most excited I've been about a Packer draft since the Matthews/Raji selections. I really think TT has three starters already.....and Heyward is going to be a stud. I guarantee it.

Posted: April 28, 2012, 9:31 AM Post
homer said:
Not sure about you guys, but this is the most excited I've been about a Packer draft since the Matthews/Raji selections. I really think TT has three starters already.....and Heyward is going to be a stud. I guarantee it.

I think both Matthews and Raji are better players than what Perry and Worthy will be, but I agree that if the goal is to find three starters per draft, TT could take the rest of the draft off and still come out with an above average grade.

I think the Perry pick is a B. I think its pretty clear that he wasn't TT's favorite pass rusher in the draft, just the top guy on their board when it was finally time to pick. He said they entertained trading up AND down in the first, indicating they liked someone else and weren't married to Perry at that spot. He also explicitly called Perry a BPA and not a need pick, which I thought was strange.

Worthy and Hayward grade out as A's, and I'm willing to call them A+'s based on how cheap it was to move up for them. Excited about those two, for sure.

Posted: April 28, 2012, 10:04 AM Post
Here is a Casey Hayward highlight film. Seems to be a pretty good open-field tackler.

Posted: April 28, 2012, 10:53 AM Post
I'd still like a safety. Coming up on our 4th round comp picks, and Markelle Martin is still strangely available.

Posted: April 28, 2012, 10:59 AM Post

GIF Master
jazzytrav said:
I'd still like a safety. Coming up on our 4th round comp picks, and Markelle Martin is still strangely available.

I'd be shocked if he lasts another 16-17 picks.

Posted: April 28, 2012, 11:11 AM Post
I haven't sat and watched a draft in a while. I'm really enjoying this.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 116 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply