[ 4 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Stats question...

Stats question...

Posted: October 13, 2016, 8:43 AM Post
I'm hoping one of you guys can easily figure this out. I think I might be able to but I don't even know where to begin and I would likely quit out of frustration and stab the dog with a fork before getting anywhere. So here it is...

The Packers #1 rush defense has faced 4 of the league's worst rushing offenses. Are the Packers #1 because they've been beating up on dogs, or are those 4 teams ranked so low because the Pack's stifling run defense shut them down so hard?

I was thinking it might work to remove the Packer game from each of those other 4 teams' stats and see where they would be ranked. Then maybe take those teams' averages (minus their Packer games) and replace their Packer game with one more game at those averages and see where they would rank. Does that make sense?

Re: Stats question...

Posted: October 13, 2016, 12:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
Early season is really tough exactly because that normally happens. Dallas is 4-1, but haven't played any really strong teams. You see them whoop up on the Bengals, but then notice that the Bengals are 2-3...

You could either recalculate the average of those teams without the Packers game to see where they would land, or watch Sunday as the #1 rush offense meets the #1 rush defense...

Posted: October 13, 2016, 4:01 PM Post
Oh, I'll be watching Sunday without doubt. The only way I could possibly miss this game is if I was dead. Like all the way dead. The best thing about it is that I haven't an inkling as to how this is going to go. Usually, I kind of have a feeling how a game or an aspect of a game will go; the feeling isn't always correct but at least it's there. Not this time.

Like I said, not even an inkling. The Pack may shut them down cold... or they may run wild... or something in between.

Posted: October 19, 2016, 1:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
Looks like Run wild won the day... I thought they actually did OK early, but too many offensive turnovers lead to too many defensive stands and they finally broke...

With all the CB injuries its really going to be tough to know where this team is defensively. And if Rodgers keeps turning it over, it puts way more pressure on the D than should be.

[ 4 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply