[ 19 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2015 Injury Thread

2015 Injury Thread

Posted: September 30, 2015, 11:28 AM Post
Global Moderator
So by making this thread, I'm either going to jinx us or we won't have another injury the rest of the season... [wink]

I figure we can have one spot to talk about the injuries and their replacements.

Nelson - IR rest of season
Barrington - IR rest of season
Boyd - IR rest of season

Cobb - shoulder strain - playing through it.
Bulaga - MCL strain with surgery - out 4-6 weeks - around early November.
Barnett - Calf - Week to week.
Richardson - ankle
Goodson - calf
Adams - high ankle strain - reinjured Monday (9/28)
Lacy - ankle strain
Quarless - MCL Strain no surgery - out 4-6 weeks. Likely first return in November.
D. Jones - concussion
J. Ryan - hamstring

Barclay has played pretty well in replacing Bulaga. He held up better than Bahktiari against KC. I was worried about that from his pre-season play.

It would really help to have Adams healthy. Cobb and Jones have been very good and Montgomery has played pretty well also. But being able to be legit 3-4 deep at WR is huge.

Quarless and Bulaga will be missed for the run game. Could be very interesting that they will return at the time the weather turns bad and the run game is more important.

Re: 2015 Injury Thread

Posted: September 30, 2015, 4:32 PM Post
I just saw where Quarless has been placed on IRDRT so it looks like week 12 vs the Bears will be the earliest for him. I was a little surprised that they used the DRT on him. Let us hope and pray it doesn't end up needing to be used on anyone more important.

Posted: October 01, 2015, 12:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
Yeah, that came out after the thread was started. So, end of November for him. I'm not too worried, since we are already getting close to where no one can return (8weeks) anyway. Given the shortages of temp injuries, they almost had to do that.

Datone Jones didn't have a concussion, evidently. They evaluated him for one, but he didn't have any symptoms.

Update from JSOnline for the others:

Receiver Davante Adams (ankle), tackle Bryan Bulaga (knee), safety Morgan Burnett (calf), cornerback Demetri Goodson (hamstring) and linebacker Jake Ryan (hamstring) did not participate in practice.

Running back Eddie Lacy (ankle), linebacker Mike Neal (groin), safety Sean Richardson (ankle), fullback Aaron Ripkowski (shoulder) and receiver Randall Cobb (shoulder) were all full participants.

Doesn't look good for Adams or Burnett this week, but I'm a little inclined to prefer they stay out for the week and get healthier. Not that the 49ers at home are going to be "easy", but they haven't been playing well at all on O or D.

Posted: October 02, 2015, 12:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
Sounds like Adams is out, Burnett is a maybe, and Lacy will play. Goodson and Ryan are probably out also.

Posted: October 03, 2015, 6:26 PM Post
I think Montgomery will be okay subbing for Adams. Burnett at "doubtful" is the one that gives me pause for concern. Run defense has been much better this year but Kaepernick could be quite the test.

Posted: October 06, 2015, 12:44 PM Post
Global Moderator
Bulaga might start practicing again this week. Probably still a week or two from playing (my guess). Wouldn't surprise me if they wait until after the bye week. But he certainly would be nice to have back against St. Louis. Barclay was a turnstile against the 49ers. I'm shocked that we didn't have a RB or TE chip block to help him out.

Posted: October 09, 2015, 2:10 PM Post
Sounds like Sean Richardson is done for the season, possibly his career.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/331699341.html

Posted: October 10, 2015, 9:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
Bulaga sounds like he wil be back this week. That is a bit of a surprise.

I'm surprised by Richarson. THat is too bad. That only leaves us with 3 safeties this week.

Posted: October 11, 2015, 9:59 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:
Bulaga sounds like he wil be back this week. That is a bit of a surprise.

I'm surprised by Richarson. THat is too bad. That only leaves us with 3 safeties this week.

I assume Rollins or Randall are the emergency safety. I think that, outside of Shields and Hayward, the DBs are pretty versatile in terms of where they can play.

Posted: October 12, 2015, 11:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
Bulaga reports that he knee felt fine after the game. I didn't notice any specific horrible plays given up by him, so that is a positive.

Lang reports that his knee isn't serious, but no indication how long he might be out. I wouldn't be surprised if its until after the bye week.

I've not seen anything on Nick Perry yet.

Posted: October 14, 2015, 1:32 PM Post
So, I've seen Perry is likely out until at least the Denver game, possibly longer. I think he has the same injury as Cobb, a sprained AC joint.

Posted: October 14, 2015, 1:34 PM Post
Adams, Lang, Burnett and Ryan all practiced today. Raji and Perry held out.

Also, Richardson placed on IR and Justin Perillo signed from PS.

CB Kyle Sebetic, from Kenosha and was in camp with GB, was signed to the PS to replace Perillo.

Posted: October 17, 2015, 12:44 PM Post
Global Moderator
Bye week is at a good point. Especially looking at Denver and Carolina after.

Posted: October 23, 2015, 7:32 AM Post
Yeah, the post-bye schedule is really tough. Going on the road against the 2 unbeaten teams is not a particularly exciting stretch.

Posted: October 29, 2015, 9:56 AM Post
Global Moderator
Lacy has not looked good lately, but the Pack stands firm that its not his ankle. Of course, his size is also underquestion and the Packers "aren't answering questions" about it. Sounds like a where there is smoke, there is fire situation... [sad]

And to complicate it, Starks looks unlikely to play this week with a hip injury? And we play a team where a good (or even decent) run game would be a great help.

Posted: December 22, 2015, 11:49 AM Post
Global Moderator
So Quarless is activated, but Montgomery is put on IR.

I think our run game will improve with Q back and he might help a bit at the endzone (another big target that can catch). Our flexibility to throw out of run formations will also improve, so flexibility and deception is better.

But I'm really bummed about Montgomery. I thought if there was anyone that could really spark the offense, it would be him. Not that he is that great of a WR (yet). But because of the unique options he presents. I was LOVING the Cobb/Montgomery backfield. Just so many confusing things you can do out of that formation.

Posted: December 30, 2015, 12:47 PM Post

GIF Master
CheezWizHed said:
But I'm really bummed about Montgomery. I thought if there was anyone that could really spark the offense, it would be him. Not that he is that great of a WR (yet). But because of the unique options he presents. I was LOVING the Cobb/Montgomery backfield. Just so many confusing things you can do out of that formation.

I've always found it amusing that Cobb gets the ball EVERY time he lines up in the backfield. MM is not predictable at all, no sirree.

Posted: January 04, 2016, 8:28 AM Post
dlk9s said:
CheezWizHed said:

I've always found it amusing that Cobb gets the ball EVERY time he lines up in the backfield. MM is not predictable at all, no sirree.

I would argue about the predictability in the past because they were so successful scoring points, but this year I would agree. It felt like they just kept trotting the same formations and personnel out that weren't able to make plays the previous weeks and expecting it to be different. Then, when they were ineffective again, McCarthy would harp on execution. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.

And McCarthy seemed to be really peeved about the 'negativity' this year. Yeah, I guess it sucks to be in a situation where going 10-6 and making the playoffs is a disappointment, but I can't imagine anyone would look at what the team did last season and look at the pre-season expectations and consider this season a success of any kind. Am I wrong?

Posted: January 04, 2016, 10:00 AM Post
Global Moderator
I think going 4-6 after starting 6-0 is an obvious disappointment. The NFL reacted to our style of play; we couldn't counter and played like a sub- 500 team. If that had happened earlier, we probably wouldn't be in the playoffs.

[ 19 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply